Learn more about our Environmentally Friendly Winter & Summer Road Maintenance Products!
Why Use High Percentage Organic Blends?
- Stockpile treating agent – will hold indefinitely in stockpile unlike straight MgCI2 or CaCI2.
- Onboard pre-wetting agent – use existing equipment with minor modifications.
- Liquid Anti-icing agent – applied directly to roadway with spray bar.
- Dust Control and soil stabilization agent (SAFE BIND).
- Less corrosive than water per Washington State DOT testing.
- Substantially reduces, even stops, corrosion on ferrous metals, especially when stockpile treating.
- SAFE MELT blends far exceed Pacific Northwest Snow Fighters requirements for corrosion inhibition on ferrous metals.
- Significantly less corrosive than CaCI2 or MgCI2 brine.
Reduction in Salt and Sand Usage
- 30-50% potential reduction in use of dry material, could be greater in conjunction with sander calibration.
- SAFE MELT treated salt outperforms dry salt and salt pre-wet with CaCI2 r MgCI2 brine per HITEC report 1999
- Turns white salt brown so you can cut back on sand without the public being aware, dramatically reducing spring clean up costs.
- Low toxicity – greater than 50% reduction in chloride ions introduced into the natural and built environment.
- Safe to handle.
- Lab texts show that our high percentage blends far exceed rigorous PNS requirements for product purity.
- Competitive with CaCI2 or MgCI2 brines.
- Competitive with other agricultural byproducts.
Pacific Northwest Snowfighters Certified
CERF Global Innovative Applications Award