The mission of Safe Road Services is to provide the Public Works community with environmentally friendly and cost-effective road maintenance products that reduce operating, material, and equipment costs while increasing overall efficiency and promoting sustainability.
Why Use High Percentage Organic Blends?
- Stockpile treating agent – will hold indefinitely in stockpile unlike straight MgCI2 or CaCI2.
- Onboard pre-wetting agent – use existing equipment with minor modifications.
- Liquid Anti-icing agent – applied directly to roadway with spray bar.
- Dust Control and soil stabilization agent (SAFE BIND).
- Less corrosive than water per Washington State DOT testing.
- Substantially reduces, even stops, corrosion on ferrous metals, especially when stockpile treating.
- SAFE MELT blends far exceed Pacific Northwest Snow Fighters requirements for corrosion inhibition on ferrous metals.
- Significantly less corrosive than CaCI2 or MgCI2 brine.
Reduction in Salt and Sand Usage
- 30-50% potential reduction in use of dry material, could be greater in conjunction with sander calibration.
- SAFE MELT treated salt outperforms dry salt and salt pre-wet with CaCI2 r MgCI2 brine per HITEC report 1999
- Turns white salt brown so you can cut back on sand without the public being aware, dramatically reducing spring clean up costs.
- Low toxicity – greater than 50% reduction in chloride ions introduced into the natural and built environment.
- Safe to handle.
- Lab texts show that our high percentage blends far exceed rigorous PNS requirements for product purity.
- Competitive with CaCI2 or MgCI2 brines.
- Competitive with other agricultural byproducts.
Pacific Northwest Snowfighters
Massachusetts Highway Association
The John W. Kiley Jr., Associate Member of the Year Award 2013
Norfolk Bristol Middlesex County Highway Association
Annual Carmello Award for Outstanding Service to the Highway Field
By a Vendor Member 2018